We do not have rooms set aside for the conference, or any strong recommendations for which hotels to choose. Hotels within walking distance are very limited, so we expect most attendees to book one further away and travel by transport (see below), e.g.:
- (3-star) Ibis Budget Clarke Quay, 20 Hong Kong Street, Boat Quay, 059663 Singapore (https://www.booking.com/hotel/sg/fragrance-riverside.html)
- (4-star) Park Avenue Rochester, 31 Rochester Dr, Singapore 138637 (https://parkavenuegroup.com/property/rochester/)
- (4-star) Village Albert Court, 180 Albert St, Singapore 189971 (https://www.villagehotels.asia/en/hotels/village-hotel-albert-court)
- (5-star) Voco Orchard Hotel, 581 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238883 (https://www.ihg.com/voco/hotels/us/en/singapore/sinor/hoteldetail)
Two closer but low-budget (2-star) options are Ibis Budget West Coast and Fragrance Hotel, which are a 15m walk from the venue, or a 4m walk from Kent Ridge Bus Terminal where an NUS internal shuttle can be taken to stop COM2 (see the NUS NextBus app).
Singapore has several good transport options, including:
- Travel by Taxi or using one of the transportation apps – Grab, Gojek, or CDG Zig. All three can be set up for automatic credit card payment. To use them, you will need to have internet access at the pickup point.
- Travel by MRT (subway/metro) to Kent Ridge on the ‘Circle’ (Orange) line, then catch the free NUS Internal Shuttle Bus (e.g., bus A2 from stop ‘Opp Kent Ridge MRT’ to stop ‘COM2’). The NUS NextBus app details the routes and timings. To get to stop Opp Kent Ridge MRT from the MRT station, you need to go out the main exit, turn right, and head through the tunnel.
- Travel by regular bus to within walking distance – see Google Maps or https://www.rome2rio.com/ to plan your route.
Please refer to https://www.visitsingapore.com/travel-guide-tips/getting-around/ for further information, including how to pay for fares.
Public Transport from the Airport:
If you are traveling from Changi Airport to NUS (excluding overnight times), the recommended route is as follows:
- From Changi Airport MRT station, take the East-West (Green) line. You may be required to change trains at Tanah Merah while staying on the same line.
- At Buona Vista MRT station, change to the Circle (Orange) line (towards Harborfront)
- After two stops, depart at Kent Ridge MRT station and follow the above steps to take the NUS internal shuttle to COM2.
- (Note: NUS shuttle is free, but the MRT will incur a small fare of a few dollars)